Charleroi airport to Brussels city transport
Although not the closest airport to Brussels city (55km/~50min), the Charleroi airport is still accessible in many reasonable ways. Low cost airlines such as Ryanair and WizzAir have regular cheap flights at Charleroi.
Charleroi airport to Brussels city bus
The most used and convenient method to travel from Charleroi Airport to Brussels city center is by shuttle bus. They are frequent, direct and fast. Travellers do not need to change at any stops. From Brussels-Midi station where the bus terminates, there are public transport lines to other parts of the city. Metro (underground) is the most convenient.
Charleroi airport: exit 4
Brussels city: Gare du midi - Rue de France street
From Charleroi Airport to Brussels Midi (south city station):
Every half hour from 08:00 to 24:00 (on X:00 and X:30)
From Brussels Midi (south city station) to Charleroi Airport:
Every half hour from 03:30 to 22:30 (on X:00 and X:30)
The journey takes one hour.
- We partner with the site "Tiqets" which processes electronic payments for orders from our site.
- Select your travel date and number of tickets on the ordering form. Then hit the yellow button and you will be redirected to the payment site "Tiqets".
- Insert your personal and payment information and follow the instructions.
- After the payment is processed you will receive an email with your tickets.
- Show these tickets to the personell in the train when asked.
- If you have any questions, the custommer service is available seven days a week.
Charleroi to Brussels by taxi
Taxi is undoubtedly the most peaceful way for such transfer. But it is also very expensive.
There is not a distinctive taxi look and there are more taxi services operating. Some even unlicensed. So it is always unpredictable to go for a blind journey. The availability, price and person who drives you can be of all sorts.
Charleroi to Brussels driving directions
Brussels is about 55 kilometres (34 miles) from Brussels Charleroi Airport. Driving to Brussels from Brussels Charleroi Airport is quite straight forward since the airport is directly south of Brussels city centre. From the north of Brussels Charleroi airport take the E420 which merges onto A54 and drive north for 20 km, exit on A7 and drive 12 km, continue along R0 (outer ring road) for 15 km until you reach exit 18. Journey time is 45 minutes into Brussels city centre.
Charleroi airport parking
To read more about Charleroi airport parking simply go back to the Brussels airports webpage.
Charleroi airport on map
The town of Charleroi with its airport is to the South of Brussels. You can zoom in for more detailed view.